Tuesday, April 29, 2014

**Trigger** The False Alarm


After staying up all night Saturday with consistent contractions, I was beginning to believe our little baby was really on her way. Although I knew the contractions were not super intense, they were coming about 2 minutes or less apart. Since I was told on Thursday that I was already almost 5 centimeters dilated and 75% effaced, I decided it would be a good idea to head to the hospital.

As soon as we got into the car and began driving, my contractions slowed way down.When we got there the nurse checked me and discovered that all those contractions had not caused any change. They recommended that I leave and try walking around until I was in active labor. I was pretty disappointed because I was so ready to meet our precious girl, but I was also glad that I would be able to celebrate Easter with Hunter.

We headed home and gave Hunter his Easter basket and did a little egg hunt around the house. Then we went to the river to walk around. Hunter got to have his first ice cream from an ice cream truck, and he even got to pet someone's pet bunny. As we walked around a "psychic" called out to me asking if I was having a girl. I told him yes, and he said he could see her and that she was beautiful. I asked him when she would be born and he said, "Very Soon." We laughed it off, but it was only a few hours later that we were headed to the hospital again.......

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment