Thursday, April 10, 2014

*Trigger* Baby Girl Update: 37Weeks 5 days.... Contractions are picking up and making changes


So, it seems that bed rest and medication were really making a difference. I have been off bed rest for about a week. At 22 weeks my doctor discovered that I was 1cm dilated and 25% effaced. Last week she checked again for the first time and I was at the same exact point. I have been off bed rest for just over a week and now I am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced.

This doesn't tell us a whole lot about when she will come, but it does show that the contractions I have been having lately are doing something. My doctor did say that he doesn't expect me to make it to my next appointment before our baby girl arrives!  We still don't know how big she will be, but my tummy sure seems bigger, so I am hoping that means she has grown as well.

I have been nesting for sure. Yesterday I worked all day getting things more organized. Hunter even said at one point, "Mommy, you are still doing chores? It's so boring!" I made sure to stop and play with him for a while, but it feels so good to be able to do things for myself again. 

Hunter is excited to meet his sister. He has been practicing with some baby dolls, and he wrote her the sweetest little note. He tells her good morning most days and likes to sing and tell her stories too. He thinks it is pretty cool that she can hear him.  

It all still feels like a dream sometimes. I just can't wait to be holding our sweet girl in my arms!









No comments:

Post a Comment