Tuesday, April 1, 2014

*Trigger* Baby Girl Update: Off bedrest and waiting for baby girl to arrive....

We have made it to 36 weeks and 3 days! Today is April Fool's day, and I keep thinking that this doesn't feel real. Is life playing a trick on me, or did we really make it past the scary preterm labor risk? At 22 weeks I was researching micro-preemie survival rates and hoping she would stay in at least long enough that we could depend on steroid shots and a challenging NICU stay to save her life.

Today I sit and wonder if she is going to give us the best April Fool's surprise, or hang on a little longer and keep growing. At my last appointment the doctor told me that she is still pretty small. The growth scan estimated about 4 pounds and 11ounces. I was told that these estimates are not extremely accurate, but no matter which way it swings, she is past the really scary part of all this. He also said that it would be good if I were to go into labor at any point now.

I am off my medication that was being used to control my contractions, so after 3 long months, I am able to drive again. I am also allowed to move around more. I am enjoying this freedom. After dropping my son off at preschool, I picked up a few last minute items for our baby girl. Last night I cooked dinner for the first time in a long time. As silly as it seems, it was really nice to be able to do a little of my own laundry and wash some dishes too. I am still being very careful about lifting or bending, and if I get tired I rest, but it feels so amazing to do things for myself and my family again.

 This is such an amazing place to be in this pregnancy. I am able to relax and really take this all in. My mom and best friend threw me an awesome baby shower, and we are having fun collecting a bunch of pink and purple baby items. It is so nice to get to give into some of these nesting instincts too. I am loving getting all her clothes washed and ready and arranging her nursery items too.  

It all feels like a dream. Although these months have been long, it still feels so sudden at the same time. After losing Wyatt, I felt as if I would be lost in darkness forever. My family and friends helped me pull through, and Hunter was a major inspiration as well. I am still in shock that we are blessed with another rainbow baby. Baby Girl Stine.... You are loved more than you will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment